Lower Dolpo Trek, the trek that caters the most beautiful cultural and natural aspects of the remote west of Nepal is truly one of the most beautiful offbeat treks of Nepal. Captured beautifully by French filmmaker Eric Valli Dolpo, one of the least frequented regions of Nepal is choke full with unique cultural treasures in the primitive form and the magnificence of nature untouched and unexplored.
Considered best to trek during the springs and autumns in Nepal, Lower Dolpo Trek is a moderately challenging trek that is operated in Full Board Basis. Crossing over the challenging passes like Numa La and Baga La along with the limited services catered throughout the trek make this walking journey a lifetime experience in the wilderness. The top-notch gears and veteran guides who are very well known with all the aspects of Dolpo like language, culture and traditional make this trek relatively easier and convenient with us.
- The sightseeing tour around the heritage sites of Kathmandu prior to the trek.
- The diverse culture of Dolpo; Juphal, the trek starting point caters the culture of Khas Aryas, gaining elevation the trek enters the villages of ethnical tribe Magars and at Dho Tarap, the ancient trading point in Dolpo trekkers get to see the culture of Bhotiyas.
- The landscapes that vary tremendously; the lower section of the trek is lush vegetation dominated by tropical and low alpine woodlands of Shey Phoksundo National Park, the upper section of the trek at times is dominated by Tibetan like landscapes, which is barren yet beautiful at the foothills of Mt. Kanjiroba and Dhaulagiri.
- The Bon Culture and Bon Monasteries in the villages like Ringmo. Bon is the Buddhism prior to Buddha.
- The culture of Tibetan Buddhism with beautiful myths attached with them and the nomadic lifestyle of the people of Dolpo, who centuries ago fled to Nepalese land from Tibet.
- The magnificence of Phoksundo Lake, which manifests its unique features and camping at its shore is probably the biggest sensation of tranquility.
- Crossing over the challenging two 5000m plus passes Numa La and Baga La.
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of Shey Phoksundo National Park, which is known for housing elusive cat, the snow leopard
Can I approach this trek easily?
If you have, the extreme ability to walk around 6-8 hours a day with a light daypack and passionate feeling, this trek will be highly suitable as this is moderate trek. It is fact that having walk in higher altitudes is definitely more physically demanding than walking in lower altitudes. Therefore, you need to be prepared to adjust in the high altitude. Advance Adventure Kindly request to all the clients to prepare themselves for Lower Dolpo Trek 18 day/s by Jogging and exercising regularly at least 3 month prior to the start of the trek. If you have the subtle experiences on walking /trekking in high altitude, environment this trek will be really easier. Your Past hiking experiences may be worthy but you need special technical skill for this trek. To accomplish the trek you should have excellent health with average physical fitness, positive attitude, self-confidence and strong determination. If you have pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases please kindly inform us before booking the trip. We are highly conscious about your health and safety. You can have the experiences of more demanding and challenging episode while in Trek.
Come directly, join honestly and become our family member without any hesitation. The door of Advance Adventure is always open for our guests. Regarding this trip, we have attempted to provide enough information from our website. Nevertheless, if you need any discussion regarding your time availability in addition, others query please feel free to contact directly at +9779851040806, if you want to talk. Alternatively, please contact us via our firstname.lastname@example.org .we are eagerly waiting to welcome you in Nepal, the land of mountain and peace
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft)Evening welcome dinner
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation-B
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj: 1 hour-B
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhupal (Dolpo) (2,320m/7,610ft) and trek to Dunai (2,850m/9,348ft): 45 mins flight, 2-3 hours trek-B/L/D
Day 05: Dunai to Tarakot (2,543m/8,341ft): 5-6 hours-B/L/D
Day 06: Tarakot to Laini (3,160 m/10,365 ft): 6-7 hours-B/L/D
Day 07: Laini to Nawarpani (3,545m/11,627 ft): 5-6 hours-B/L/D
Day 08: Nawarpani to Do Tarap (4,090m/13,415ft): 7-8 hours-B/L/D
Day 09: Rest Day at Do Tarap for acclimatization-B/L/D
Day 10: Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m/14,563 ft): 6-7 hours walk-B/L/D
Day 11: Cross Numa La pass (5,190m/17,023ft), camp at Pelung Tang (4465m/14,645 ft): 6-7 hours-B/L/D
Day 12: Cross Baga La pass (5,070m/16,630ft), trek to Dajok Tang (4,080m/13,382ft): 6 hours-B/L/D
Day 13: Dajok Tang to Ringmo (3,600m/11,808ft): 3-4 hours-B/L/D
Day 14: Hike to Phoksundo Lake-B/L/D
Day 15: Phoksundo Lake to Shyanta (2520m/8265 ft): 5-6 hours walk-B/L/D
Day 16: Shyanta to Jhupal-B/L/D
Day 17: Fly to Nepalgunj, fly to Kathmandu-B
Day 18: Final Depart Kathmandu And good by meeting
Price: US $0 per person
What is Included?
- Airport picks up/ transfer
- 2 nights Standard accommodation at Kathmandu with breakfast
- Welcome and Farewell dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurant- Traditional Dance & Music
- Lower Dolpo Trekking permit/TIMS Card- Trekkers Security Card
- Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal & Juphal-Nepalgunj- Kathmandu flight, airport tax and transfer
- 11 nights/12 Days Lower trek on full bard of meals (breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- One Advance Adventures Trek Leader ( Gov. Licensed, first aid and eco trained), required assistance leader as per the group size, their entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- Entire poterage cost- one porter for each two member in a group
- All the Gov and local taxes
- AA duffle bag and T- shirt
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Group medicine kit box
- High altitude chamber bag for trek safety(available on above 5 pax travelling)
- Departure transfer
What is Excluded?
• Nepal Visa, in/out flight to Kathmandu
• Your meals at Kathmandu, except provided dinner and breakfast
• Entire beverages, mineral water, beer etc. while on trek
• Travel insurance(Must includes Helicopter evacuation and trip cancellation)
• Personal nature expenses
• Any extending trips
All prices are in US dollars and do not include international airfare, unless otherwise noted.
We do have several departure dates for our trekking /climbing trips. Please find your convenient departure date from the below listed year and write us. Being as a Nepal based adventure travel Company, we do have permanent trekking set up in mountains so we are very much flexible for the departure dates for our every Himalayan trip. Please view our available group dates as stated and if the listed dates are not matching your expected time for this trip, write us with your personal date, we are happy to organize this trip to you as per your own selected date and we can open the same date for our group departure date.
Please Check Available Dates for The Year of:
No data Found