I’m travelling alone – is a group tour/ Trek/ Climb right for me? Who will I share a room with?
Although some people travel on our tours with friends or partners, many people come alone, perhaps because their friends have different interests or budgets.


Although you may begin the tour alone, by the end of the tour you will have many new friends for life. Solo travelers will usually be roomed with other group members of the same gender. Single supplements are available on our entire trips with additional cost.


How difficult are the treks?
Trekking requires lots of willpower, tolerance of harsh conditions and reasonable fitness, good health and physical condition. It is vital that participants with pre-existing medical problems or conditions make these known to the time of booking.


When is the best season for trek?
We have main two seasons for trekking. The best months are September, October & November during the Autumn season and March, April & May during the spring season are consider as the best seasons for attempting trekking, although we do have some departures during some other months as well because we would like to offer some opportunities for some people who cannot make their holidays during the best months. The best months has been defined due to their nature of best visibility and best weather condition other then.


What is the Tea House/ lodge Trek?
The Tea-House Trek means - The other not only economic but also eco-friendly way of doing trekking is called Tea-House trek arrangement which allows the trekkers to be more in contact with local people. In this arrangement overnight halts with dinner and breakfast will be in Tea-Houses (Lodges) and lunches in local Restaurants en-route.


What is the general duration of the everyday trek?

The duration of the trek depends on interests which you have. Generally, your trek can range from 4-7 days to month time or longer periods if you wish. Even the same trek can be of a different duration for different trekkers depending on their wishes and interests on the route.


What facilities we will have in Tea House?
In the tea house trekking arrangement, we provide private room. And most of the places, the bathrooms are shared and running water facility.


Where do we eat our meals?
In the Tea House trekking arrangement overnight halts with dinner and breakfast will be in Tea-Houses (Lodges) we overnight and lunches in local Restaurants en-route. We will provide you hygienic food prepared on the lodge. Most of the cooks in the local teahouses are not well trained but enough experienced.


What are the sources of drinking water supply during trekking?
In the trekking areas most lodges serve boiled and filtered water, which is generally safe, we suggest a drop of iodine for safe water. And it will be possible to buy the bottle water at every place so you can easily plan to buy mineral water during the trekking period.


Do I need travel insurance?
Yes, travel insurance is compulsory. You are required to purchase comprehensive travel insurance before travelling with us. Please make sure that you know exactly what you are covered for, remembering there are many adventure activities available in our Himalayan destinations which may not be covered by basic insurance. Make sure that your travel insurance covers helicopter evacuation, trip cancellation insurance, general medical expenses, and hospitalizations.


Will I need visas?
Yes; you need visa to travel to our Himalayan destinations. Please note that obtaining the necessary visas is your responsibility and if you don’t have the correct visa for your destination(s) you may miss out on all or part of your tour. You can easily obtained Nepal Visa on arrival to Kathmandu international airport so it is not a problem.


If you are joining us for Tibet and Bhutan tour, you only make your Nepal visa, remaining visa of Tibet or Bhutan would be arranged by us as we can visa of those country only with travel permits.


Do I need vaccinations?
Yes; vaccination is required to travel our Himalayan destinations. You should be having a vaccination of Polio, Japanese ensafelistycs, yellow fever etc. It is suggested that you consult with your medical doctor regarding of the vaccination information of the country you would be travelling as he would have the most of required vaccination update for the each country you would travelling.


What kind of luggage should I bring?
If you are joining our trekking trips, you should be bringing trekking rucksack- which to be carried by our Sherpa helper and you bring separate day bag (20 to 30 ltrs recommended) where you could put your day required thing along with your valuable document- passport, money etc.  We would provide you our trekking duffle bag if you do not have proper trekking bags so it is not a problem.


If you are joining our tours, you can bring suitcase or any other common luggage bag you have. Usual travelling bags are fine.


What should I pack?
This is a very frequently asked question but of course it depends entirely on your destination, the season you're travelling in and the activities you'll participate in. The most important thing to pack is your sense of humor because this can get you through any situation - including lost luggage.  Most of our Himalayan treks, you should be having warm clothing, bring your regular clothing stuff for tours. Please see each trip itinerary for the required equipment for the trips.


Are meals included?
Meals are included at our trekking and mountaineering trips.  If you joining on our tours in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan, room with breakfast are included only. Please see the trip inclusive page of the trip you would interested to join with.


What is the best way to carry my money?
You may either bring cash or travelers cheque or card. The widely accepted currency is US Dollars but you can easily use other currency like Euro, GBP Pound, Australian Dollar or Canadian Dollar etc.

No other currency then above suggested is widely accepted. Travelers’ cheques are a safe way to carry your funds although they can sometimes be more difficult to change than cash.


The best way to pay your balance of the trip is by card, it is very safe for travelling but there are some bank surcharges (3.5%) on the top of the trip balance if choosing to pay by the card.


ATMs are the easiest way to withdraw local money BUT you should never rely solely on them and always have a back-up of cash. We recommend that you bring as much US dollars cash (in small denomination bills with no rips, writing or other damage) as you feel comfortable carrying, or Euros. This should be in addition to your local payment.


Is trekking permit required?
The government of Nepal no longer requires a trekking permit for Everest, Annapurna, Langtang, and some other regions. However, conservation permit or National park permits are required for these regions. There are few restricted trekking areas in Nepal, where trekking permits are required.  Trekking permit is a special permission given to you by the Nepalese government to visit the restricted areas.


Our entire trekking/ tour trips are inclusive with the permit required.


What kinds of meal do we get in tea house?
In Tea House trek you will served a variety of local foods including such items as Tibetan fried bread, soups, momo’s (steamed dumplings), daal- bhat (lentils and rice), tarkari (steamed, fried, or curried vegetables), potatoes (prepared in dozens of ways), pastas and even a version of pizza & some continental foods are well. Meats are rarely eaten although you may have canned tuna or sardines and the occasional yak stew. Breakfasts typically consist of eggs (prepared in many ways), hot porridge, muesli, toast, peanut butter and honey.


Is there electricity during the trekking?
Most of the trekking areas like Annapurna, Everest, Langtang, Dhaulagiri, Mustang and Manaslu, we get electricity. You can charge your camera batteries. However it is likely that the electricity can off in mountain anytime so you should be bringing your personal head lamp or light additionally for the safety.


Is there any communication while we are on trekking?
There are telephones in many villages along the popular trekking routes from which you can make international calls.


These days, local cell phone works most of the trekking areas like Everest, Annapurna & Langtang. We provide local cell phones to our guides for the required communication as well.

Your cell phone can also work at Nepal Himalayas but your cell phone company should have network tip with Nepal Cell Phone Company and international roaming should be there on your cell phone.


How safe traveling alone women with your company?
We ensure all safety and security for individual woman travelers while with us, we are more responsible for these kinds of issues. So we have trained our guide’s staffs, the way our clients want. We have been organizing private treks, tours to solo women travelers since our establishment, we have trained our guides especially on this regards so do not hesitate to join us. We assure you our great safety during your trip with us.


What problems can arise on altitude?
Our itinerary specially tailored considering with a high degree of minimization of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Normally, altitude sickness stars from 3,600 meters/11808 feet and there is no problem below this standard. During your trip this is a best solution go slowly with body acclimatization. Consider in the higher altitude there is less oxygen in the air. Suppose, crossing high passes more than 5,000 meters/ 16,400 feet, there is 50% less oxygen than at sea level. Your body needs many days to acclimatization during the travel in high Himalaya.


What are the Preventive facilities of Altitude Illness?
Altitude illness, AMS is a very unpredictable condition, but all of our guides are very experienced with the symptoms and treatment of AMS. Every time our guides are ready to help you. We do, however, strongly advise people with known heart, lungs or blood diseases to consult their doctor before trekking.


Are your staffs equipped/trained & insured?
Yes! Our guides and porters are fully equipped. Actually we are working in a team. We all are boss and we all are workers. We are the partner of Himalayan Explores Connections (Porters assistance project) we supply enough good clothes from this project, that's why we are different then other companies. Please compare yourself. We know there will no longer AA without the good staffs. AA protect rights of the all our staffs and fully insured. We provide one of the best informative guides for your holidays who can explain about Culture, Geography, Eco system, Plants and History. Some are multi lingual also.


Are we safe on those trips (robbery, kidnappings, etc...) due to?
Nepali believes that “guests are God” so no need to worry about the safety matter. Although you will be careful about it and always consult your guide.


What kinds of banking facilities in Nepal?
Nepal has modern banking facilities and some international banks even have offices in Kathmandu. Almost all foreign currencies along with credit cards such as American Express, Visa, and Master card are accepted in Nepal. In Nepal we have also ATM facilities.


Does your company arrange domestic and international flight and other services?
Yes, we can arrange all kind of flight tickets and services.  Additional help will be provided for you to the different activities like river rafting, city guided tour, Mountain flight, jungle safari etc according to your interest and requirements.


Please write us separately if you need to know more than what we have listed on the above FAQ's.