One and only off the beaten trek in Annapurna Region, Nar Phu valley Trek comprises two authentic tribal villages Nar and Phu. Moderately challenging walk to these exceptional highland hamlets through narrow canyons, dense lush vegetation, amazing rocky landscapes and traditional hamlets having centuries old monasteries along with the traverse across Kang La Pass that caters magnificent Himalayan view are wonderful aspects of the trek.
The trek is not definitely for those who can’t endure walking six to seven hours every day for almost two weeks. Kicking off at Chamje, the trek initially chases the trails of famous Annapurna Circuit Trek and deviates after couple of days walk towards the off the beaten destinations which obviously is Nar. After the exploration of Nar and Phu, the trek goes over Kang La Pass 5315m to arrive at Manang and eventually ends at Chame, from where we shall escort you back to Kathmandu.
The trek is operated on teahouse basis however, we can operate the trek on Full Board Basis as well because the teahouses in the region considering the location offer basic facilities only.
Highlights of the Trek
- The sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley prior to the trek
- The walk along the Marsyangdi River Valley in the initial days of the trek
- The culture of natives of Nar & Phu- rarely explored villages
- The sacred elevated monasteries of Nar and Phu, which are explored by thousands Buddhist pilgrims every year
- The glimpse of famous Annapurna Circuit Trek at the beginning and end of the trek
- The walk across Kang La Pass that cater the magnificent views of peaks like Annapurna II, Gangapurna and Tilicho Peak
- The Himalayan panorama so well blended with lush vegetation
Arrival in Kathmandu 1400m
Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu 7 trek preparation day
Drive from Kathmandu to Chamje via Besisahar 8-9 hrs drive
Trek to Dharapani 6 hrs trek
Trek to Koto 5 hrs trek
Trek to Meta 7-8 hrs trek
Trek to Phu 7-8 hrs trek
Rest day in Phu and explore around
Trek to Nar Phedi 5-6 hrs trek
Trek to Nar Village 2-3 hrs trek
Explore monasteries around Nar
Trek to Ngawal 3675m across Kang La Pass 5315m 8-9 hrs trek
Trek to Manang 4 hrs trek
Trek to Chame 7 hrs trek
Trek to Chamje 7 hrs trek
Drive back to Kathmandu 8-9 hrs drive
Free day in Kathmandu; Evening farewell dinner
Important Trip Notes & Activities
Pleased acknowledge that you are joining us for the adventure trip in remote Himalayan region, where weather conditions, health and fitness of the member or unexpected natural disaster can compel us to change the itinerary and if so you have to understand it but we would try our best to keep the suggested itinerary as per the original schedule.
Your safety and satisfaction of the trip is our prime concern while travelling with us and we ensure you our best team, logistics, professional services to make sure that you would have an amazing trip of lifetime with us. Also note that our trip leader deserved the final decision if the trip has to amend, change the route or cancel due to the extreme conditions for the safety precaution. However, he will try his best to ensure that the trip runs as according to the stated plan but be prepared for flexibility if necessary.
Price: US $ per person
- Airport picks up/ transfer
- 4 Nights 3 star standard accommodation at Kathmandu with breakfast
- Welcome dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurant- Traditional Dance & Music & Farewell Dinner at one of the finest restaurant in main down town
- Half Day guided tour of Kathmandu Valley, with all the entrance and monument fees
- Narphu Valley Trekking permit/TIMS Card- Trekkers Security Card
- Kathmandu- Chamje-Kathmandu overland transfer in a private vehicle
- 13 Nights/14 Days Narphu Valley Trek on full board of meals plan (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Mt. Accommodation on twin share- Comfortable and clean Mt. Lodge.
- One Advanced Adventures Trekking Leader ( Experienced, Fluent English Speaking, Gov. Licensed, first aid and eco trained), required assistance Leader/s as per the group size, their entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- Entire poterage cost- one porter for each two member in a group-AA provide trekking clothing to its porters
- All the Gov. and Local taxes as per applicable
- AA duffle Bag and T- shirt, Trekking Map, Adventure Certificate
- Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags while on trekking (on Request)- rated to -15 Degree Celsius
- Group medicine Kit Box (Diamox & other first Aid Medicine)
- Departure transfer
Nepal Visa, in/out flight to Kathmandu from Home country
Your meals at Kathmandu, except provided dinner and breakfast
Entire cost of beverages, mineral water, beer etc. while on trek
Travel insurance (Must includes Helicopter evacuation and Trip Cancellation)
Personal nature expenses
Tips to Guide, Assistance Guide/s and Sherpa Porters
Any extending trips
Please contact us for more details.
It is very important to have right seasonal Clothing & Equipments for the safe and enjoyable trek in Nepal. Here below, we have listed the required equipments for traveling to Nepal and its Himalayas. Please remember that you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum.
T- Shirt and Down Jacket
Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F - Advanced Adventure provide this
Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
Small pad or combination lock-to-lock for trek bag- Advanced Adventure provide Trekking Duffle Bag.
Basic First Aid Kit (see Health and Medicinal)
Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
Thermarest sleeping pad
Water bottles (2)
Small wash towel
We climber with Adv Adventure to Island Peak in October 2014 and was a succesful climb with 4 of us submitting with the 3 Sherpa. It was a life time experience as this is higher than what we have achieve in EBC. And beside, it is more technical climb using crampons, jumar and figure of […]
It was an incredible journey ! My partner and I had the best time .I would recommend Advanced Adventures all the way, Mr Chet Bhatta was awesome in everything , he was onto our Emails within minutes each time we had a question before hand , incredibly helpful and made everything easy . Our guide […]
My brother-in-law and I booked a 14 day EBC Trek last year and had the best time! From start to finish Chet and the team at Advanced Adventures took care of everything. The Trek was amazing, the weather was perfect and our guide was not only very knowledgeable about the mountains and towns that we […]
I wasn’t sure of how this would all turn out to be as it was my first time out in Nepal. AA, did a great job of winning me over as a client for life. Everything was done as they said it would and everyone from my guide and sherpa to the main contact who […]
My experience with Advanced Adventures was wonderful! Iand had a blast in Nepal with AA. Everything that I needed was taken care of: my transportation to/from the hotel, my trekking permit, my hotel in kathmandu, as well as everything on the trek. The actual trekking portion of the package was exceptional. My Nepali guide organised […]