One and only off the beaten trek in Annapurna Region, Nar Phu valley blended with the most frequented Annapurna Circuit Trek comprises two authentic tribal villages Nar and Phu as well as the elevated highlights of Nepal’s most frequented trekking trail.. Extremely strenuous walk to these exceptional highland hamlets through narrow canyons, dense lush vegetation, amazing rocky landscapes and traditional hamlets having centuries old monasteries along with the traverse across Kang La Pass plus the crossing over world’s highest Himalayan Pass Thorung La 5416m, the trek caters magnificent Himalayan vistas, uniquely delightful cultural aspects and the revered site Muktinath.
The trek is not definitely for those who can’t endure walking six to seven hours every day for almost three weeks. Kicking off at Chamje, the trek initially chases the trails of famous Annapurna Circuit Trek and deviates after couple of days walk towards the off the beaten destinations which obviously is Nar. After the exploration of Nar and Phu, the trek goes over Kang La Pass 5315m to arrive at Manang. From Manang, the trek again treads along the Annapurna Circuit Trail to Thorung La Pass and slides down to Jomsom via Muktinath.
The trek is operated on teahouse basis however, we can operate the trek on Full Board Basis as well because the teahouses in the region considering the location offer basic facilities only.
Highlights of the Trek
- The sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Valley prior to the trek
- The culture of natives of Nar & Phu- rarely explored villages
- The sacred elevated monasteries of Nar and Phu, which are explored by thousands Buddhist pilgrims every year
- The walk across Kang La Pass that cater the magnificent views of peaks like Annapurna II, Gangapurna and Tilicho Peak
- The typical trail of trekking in Nepal, that goes up and down the rolling hills so many times like the waves in a ocean. Moreover, the trails of Annapurna Circuit Trek also cater an opportunity to tread along the gorges of Marsyangdi River.
- The authentic culture of diverse ethnical tribes living on the trails of famous Round Annapurna Trek. The major and the unique cultures trekkers get to encounter is of of Gurungs, Thakalis and Marphas.
- The challenge of getting across Throng La Pass 5416m, which is a strenuous walk uphill on the rock strewn trail.
- The panorama of Himalayan giants dominated by Annapurna to the north and the deep Marsyangdi Valley to the south.
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of Annapurna Conservation Area Project.
- The common pilgrimage of Buddhists, Hindus, Jains and the ancient Bon-Po religions, Muktinath.
- The Himalayan panorama so well blended with lush vegetation
- Jomsom, the windy city of Nepal also known as Apple Orchard and the deepest gorge in the world Kali Gandaki Gorge are the highlights of latter half of the trek.
- An opportunity to sight the Kali Gandaki River Valley civilization, which is one of the oldest civilizations in Nepal.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1400m
Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu & trek preparation day
Drive from Kathmandu to Chamje 1300m via Besisahar 8-9 hrs drive
Trek to Dharapani 1910m 6 hrs trek
Trek to Koto 2605m 5 hrs trek
Trek to Meta 3235m 7-8 hrs trek
Trek to Phu 4050m 7-8 hrs trek
Rest day in Phu and explore around
Trek to Nar Phedi 3825m 5-6 hrs trek
Trek to Nar Village 4155m 2-3 hrs trek
Explore monasteries around Nar
Trek to Ngawal 3675m across Kang La Pass 5315m 8-9 hrs trek
Trek to Manang 3550m 4 hrs trek
Manang: Rest day for acclimatization
Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110m 6 hrs trek
Trek to Thorung Phedi 4600m 3-4 hrs trek
Trek to Muktinath 3,800m across Thorong- La Pass 5416m 8-9 hrs trek
Trek to Jomsom 2560m 5-6 hrs trek
Fly to Pokhara
Drive to Kathmandu 200km 7-8 hrs drive
Free Day in Kathmandu
Important Trip Notes & Activities
Pleased acknowledge that you are joining us for the adventure trip in remote Himalayan region, where weather conditions, health and fitness of the member or unexpected natural disaster can compel us to change the itinerary and if so you have to understand it but we would try our best to keep the suggested itinerary as per the original schedule.
Your safety and satisfaction of the trip is our prime concern while travelling with us and we ensure you our best team, logistics, professional services to make sure that you would have an amazing trip of lifetime with us. Also note that our trip leader deserved the final decision if the trip has to amend, change the route or cancel due to the extreme conditions for the safety precaution. However, he will try his best to ensure that the trip runs as according to the stated plan but be prepared for flexibility if necessary.
Price: US $1740 per person
• Airport picks up/ transfer
• Four nights in 3 star standard hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Half day Guided tour of Kathmandu valley with private car, entrance of all the temples and monuments
• Welcome and Farewell dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurant- Traditional dance & Music
• Narphu Special & Annapurna Circuit Trek permit/TIMS Card- Trekkers Security Card
• Kathmandu- Chamje overland transfer, Jomsom-Pokhara Flight & Pokhara Kathmandu overland transfer.
• 16 nights/ 17 days complete trek of Narphu Valley Annapurna Circuit with full board of meals( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, tea coffee)
• Mt. accommodation twin share- comfortable and clean (two nights attached bath)
• One Advance Adventures Trek Leader( Gov. Licensed, first aid and eco trained), his entire expenses, equipment and insurance
• Entire cost of porter and Sherpa’s- one porter for each two member in a group
• One night 3 Star standard hotel in Pokhara on BB plan
• Pokhara- Kathmandu transport by deluxe tourist bus
• All the Gov and local taxes
• AA duffle bag and T- shirt
• Down Jacket and Sleeping Bags
• Group medicine kit box
• High altitude chamber bag for trek safety(available on above 4 pax- on request)
• Departure transfer
• Nepal Visa, in/out flight to Kathmandu
• Your meals at Kathmandu & Pokhara, except provided dinner and breakfast
• Entire beverages, mineral water, beer etc. while on trek
• Travel Insurance(Must includes Helicopter evacuation and trip cancellation)
• Personal Nature Expenses
• Any Extending Trips
Please contact us for more details.
It is very important to have right seasonal Clothing & Equipments for the safe and enjoyable trek in Nepal. Here below, we have listed the required equipments for traveling to Nepal and its Himalayas. Please remember that you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum.
T- Shirt and Down Jacket
Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F - Advanced Adventure provide this
Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
Small pad or combination lock-to-lock for trek bag- Advanced Adventure provide Trekking Duffle Bag.
Basic First Aid Kit (see Health and Medicinal)
Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
Thermarest sleeping pad
Water bottles (2)
Small wash towel
We climber with Adv Adventure to Island Peak in October 2014 and was a succesful climb with 4 of us submitting with the 3 Sherpa. It was a life time experience as this is higher than what we have achieve in EBC. And beside, it is more technical climb using crampons, jumar and figure of […]
It was an incredible journey ! My partner and I had the best time .I would recommend Advanced Adventures all the way, Mr Chet Bhatta was awesome in everything , he was onto our Emails within minutes each time we had a question before hand , incredibly helpful and made everything easy . Our guide […]
My brother-in-law and I booked a 14 day EBC Trek last year and had the best time! From start to finish Chet and the team at Advanced Adventures took care of everything. The Trek was amazing, the weather was perfect and our guide was not only very knowledgeable about the mountains and towns that we […]
I wasn’t sure of how this would all turn out to be as it was my first time out in Nepal. AA, did a great job of winning me over as a client for life. Everything was done as they said it would and everyone from my guide and sherpa to the main contact who […]
My experience with Advanced Adventures was wonderful! Iand had a blast in Nepal with AA. Everything that I needed was taken care of: my transportation to/from the hotel, my trekking permit, my hotel in kathmandu, as well as everything on the trek. The actual trekking portion of the package was exceptional. My Nepali guide organised […]