This trek in the far-flung and least trodden region of West Nepal is the shorter version of Jumla Rara Jumla Trek. The trek begins at Jumla and exits out of Talcha airport rather than retracing the way back to Jumla. No wonder trekking in the region is absolute adventure as it treads most of the times through the landmarks that has least human influence.
Walking in the pleasant weather, where the lush vegetation of Rara National Park and the neighboring woods cater the best of raw nature is wonderful way to experience the nomadic mid-hills. Encountering the nomads in the frequent villages during the easy trek is a wonderful cultural experience apart from the natural delights the trek caters.
Anyone who wills to be into the nature for a week can experience the trek and the fascinating part of the trek it does not demand strenuous walk despite catering the firsthand experience of being into unexplored and unharmed territory. The trek is based on teahouse and camping accommodations and considering the locations the services at times may be basic.
- The cultural delights of Kathmandu, where travelers get to see the ancient heritages as well as the remains of recent Earthquake in Nepal.
- The mild walking adventure that stretches along the lush vegetation of Wild West Nepal
- The culture in the tribal villages like Bhulbhule and Khali, where trekkers get to see the culture very close to nomadism
- The dramatic view of Rara Lake with the Himalayan backdrop and the places around it worthwhile exploring to sight rare species of flowers and animals
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of Rara National Park, including the chirpings of colorful residential and migratory birds found inside the park.
- The boating adventure in the crystal clear biggest lake of Nepal
- The hike to the Chuchemara hilltop 4090m, that provides an opportunity to savor the spellbinding views of Himalayan panorama striking Rara Lake itself and the deep valley enclosed by lush green woodlands.
Can I accomplish this trek easily?
If you have, the extreme ability to walk around 6-8 hours a day with a light daypack and passionate feeling, this trek will be highly suitable as this is moderate trek. It is fact that having walk in higher altitudes is definitely more physically demanding than walking in lower altitudes. Therefore, you need to be prepared to adjust in the high altitude. Advance Adventure Kindly request to all the clients to prepare them for Jumla Rara Lake Trek 11 day/s by Jogging and exercising regularly at least 3 month prior to the start of the trek. If you have the subtle experiences on walking /trekking in high altitude, environment this trek will be really easier. Your Past hiking experiences may be worthy but you need special technical skill for this trek. To accomplish the trek you should have excellent health with average physical fitness, positive attitude, self-confidence and strong determination. If you have pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases please kindly inform us before booking the trip. We are highly conscious about your health and safety. You can have the experiences of more demanding and challenging episode while in Trek.
Come directly, join honestly and become our family member without any hesitation. The door of Advance Adventure is always open for our guests. Regarding this trip, we have attempted to provide enough information from our website. Nevertheless, if you need any discussion regarding your time availability in addition, others query please feel free to contact directly at +9779851040806, if you want to talk. Alternatively, please contact us via our firstname.lastname@example.org .we are eagerly waiting to welcome you in Nepal, the land of mountain and peace
Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel; Evening welcome dinner 1350m
Half day Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu;Trek preparation day
Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 75 minutes flight 150m
Fly to Jumla 25 minutes flight and trek to Khali 3685m 5 hrs trek
Trek to Bhulbhule 3182m 5-6 hrs trek
Trek to Rara Lake 2990m via Chhuchhemara 4090m 5-6 hrs trek
Excursion around Rara Lake
Hiking around Rara Lake and trek to Talcha 2950m
Fly to Nepalgung and then to Kathmandu 1350m
Free day in Kathmandu;Evening farewell dinner
Important Trip Notes & Activities
Pleased acknowledge that you are joining us for the adventure trip in remote Himalayan region, where weather conditions, health and fitness of the member or unexpected natural disaster can compel us to change the itinerary and if so you have to understand it but we would try our best to keep the suggested itinerary as per the original schedule.
Your safety and satisfaction of the trip is our prime concern while travelling with us and we ensure you our best team, logistics, professional services to make sure that you would have an amazing trip of lifetime with us. Also note that our trip leader deserved the final decision if the trip has to amend, change the route or cancel due to the extreme conditions for the safety precaution. However, he will try his best to ensure that the trip runs as according to the stated plan but be prepared for flexibility if necessary.
Price: US $ per person
- Arrival airport picks up
- Welcome dinner with live Nepali cultural program and Farewell dinner at one the finest restaurant in thamel
- 4 Nights at 3 star standard accommodation at Kathmandu with breakfast
- 1 Night tourist standard accommodation in Nepalgunj
- 6 Nights accommodation either in Teahouses or in tented camps
- Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Jumla & Talcha- Nepal-Kathmandu flight, airport tax and domestic transfer
- Teahouse and Camping accommodations during the trek (comfortable and clean)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking period
- One Trekking guide (Experienced, Fluent English Speaking, Gov. Licensed, first aid and eco trained)and their entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- Entire poterage cost and all the trekking equipments for porters (one porter for each two member in a group)
- Rara and Jumla Trekking permit/TIMS Card & National Park Fee
- All the Gov. and Local taxes as per applicable
- One duffle Bag and T- shirt
- Trekking Map and Adventure Certificate
- Group medical Kit Box (Diamox & other first Aid Medicine)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Final departure transfer
- Nepal Visa
- International flight to Kathmandu and return ticket to your Home country
- Your meals at Kathmandu, except welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfast
- Entire cost of beverages, mineral water and beer etc. while on trek
- Travel insurance (Must includes Helicopter evacuation and Trip Cancellation charges
- Tipping to the guide and porter
- Any thing not included in trip includes list are your personal expenses
Please contact us for more details.
It is very important to have right seasonal Clothing & Equipments for the safe and enjoyable trek in Nepal. Here below, we have listed the required equipments for traveling to Nepal and its Himalayas. Please remember that you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum.
T- Shirt and Down Jacket
Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F - Advanced Adventure provide this
Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
Small pad or combination lock-to-lock for trek bag- Advanced Adventure provide Trekking Duffle Bag.
Basic First Aid Kit (see Health and Medicinal)
Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
Thermarest sleeping pad
Water bottles (2)
Small wash towel
It was an incredible journey ! My partner and I had the best time .I would recommend Advanced Adventures all the way, Mr Chet Bhatta was awesome in everything , he was onto our Emails within minutes each time we had a question before hand , incredibly helpful and made everything easy . Our guide […]
Chet prasad bhatta is an excellent boss .he is marvelous in the advanced adventure trip .I needed in april 2015 just before the earthquake a rescue of helicopter as I felt bad with altitude and he imediately rescue me at 4000 m.you must choose this grateful company in himalaia .the guides and sherpas are very […]
Chet was our lead contact during our everest base camp trek, and he couldn’t have made it easier, nor could he have made us more comfortable. He helped us organize the entire trek, and set us up with an amazing guide, Lok, and 2 great porters. The entire experience from booking, to transportation, to trekking, […]
We went with Advance Adventures as recommended by a friend and are absolutely happy with the level of service provided by Chet and his team. The trip was very organised, throughout the trek Prem our guide, was caring for our needs, attentive and constantly ensuring we were getting the best experience possible. Could not have […]
This was my first time to Nepal, and I found the people their to be so friendly. Wherever I was they were always helpful. My Everest Base Camp and Island Peak Climb was not only a success but a great adventure. Advanced Adventures had knowledgeable guides that answered all my questions. Learning the culture and […]