The Wild West in Nepal has so many regions yet to be explored and Jumla-Rara-Jumla Trek is one of the off the beaten trekking trails that traverses across the least trodden mid-hill course catering the sights authentic tribal cultures and amazing virgin landscapes dominated by lush vegetation, lakes and Himalayan peaks.
The trek begins after the couple of flights; one to the lowland airport of Nepalgunj and next to the trek starting to Jumla. Nine days of walking adventure in the tranquil where nature dominates highly over human civilization is undoubtedly the trip of a lifetime for those travelers who want to experience the best of raw nature and primitive lifestyle.
The trek is meant for trekkers of all types but it best suits to those who can dare to skip modern facilities for almost ten days and can walk six hours every day for almost a week. The accommodations are in the tented camps and the expertise of our guides who understand local languages and cultures will always be beneficial for the trekkers to explore and understand the best of Wild West Jumla to Rara Lake.
- The cultural delights of Kathmandu, where travelers get to see the ancient heritages as well as the remains of recent Earthquake in Nepal.
- The mild walking adventure that stretches along the lush vegetation of Wild West Nepal
- The culture in the tribal villages like Bhulbhule, Khali and Nagma, where trekkers get to see the culture very close to nomadism
- The proposed UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sinja Valley where the Khas Nepali language was originated
- The dramatic view of Rara Lake with the Himalayan backdrop and the places around it worthwhile exploring to sight rare species of flowers and animals
- The floral and faunal biodiversity of Rara National Park, including the chirpings of colorful residential and migratory birds found inside the park.
- The boating adventure in the crystal clear biggest lake of Nepal
- The hike to the Chuchemara hilltop 4090m, that provides an opportunity to savor the spellbinding views of Himalayan panorama striking Rara Lake itself and the deep valley enclosed by lush green woodlands.
Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel; Evening welcome dinner
Half day Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu;Trek preparation day
Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 75 minutes flight
Fly to Jumla 25 minutes flight and trek to Khali 5 hrs trek
Trek to Bhulbhule 5-6 hrs trek
Trek to Rara Lake via Chhuchhemara 4090m 5-6 hrs trek
Excursion around Rara Lake
Hiking around Rara Lake
Trek to Bhulbhule 5-6 hrs trek
Trek to Gothichaur Bazaar 5-6 hrs trek
Trek to Nagma 5 hrs trek
Trek to Jumla 5-6 hrs trek
Fly to Nepalgunj and then to Kathmandu
Free day in Kathmandu; Evening farewell dinner
Important Trip Notes & Activities
Pleased acknowledge that you are joining us for the adventure trip in remote Himalayan region, where weather conditions, health and fitness of the member or unexpected natural disaster can compel us to change the itinerary and if so you have to understand it but we would try our best to keep the suggested itinerary as per the original schedule.
Your safety and satisfaction of the trip is our prime concern while travelling with us and we ensure you our best team, logistics, professional services to make sure that you would have an amazing trip of lifetime with us. Also note that our trip leader deserved the final decision if the trip has to amend, change the route or cancel due to the extreme conditions for the safety precaution. However, he will try his best to ensure that the trip runs as according to the stated plan but be prepared for flexibility if necessary.
Price: US $1980 per person
- Arrival airport picks up
- Welcome dinner with live Nepali cultural program and Farewell dinner at one the finest restaurant in thamel
- 4 Nights at 3 star standard accommodation at Kathmandu with breakfast
- 1 night at tourist standard accommodation in Nepalgunj
- Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Jumla & Jumla- Nepalgunj-Kathmandu flight, airport tax and domestic transfer
- 9 NightsTeahouse/Camping accommodations during the trek (comfortable and clean)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking period
- One Trekking guide (Experienced, Fluent English Speaking, Gov. Licensed, first aid and eco trained)and their entire expenses, equipment and insurance
- Entire poterage cost and all the trekking equipments for porters (one porter for each two member in a group)
- Rara & Jumla Trekking permit/TIMS Card & National Park Fee
- All the Gov. and Local taxes as per applicable
- One duffle Bag and T- shirt
- Trekking Map and Adventure Certificate
- Group medical Kit Box (Diamox & other first Aid Medicine)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Final departure transfer
- Nepal Visa
- International flight to Kathmandu and return ticket to your Home country
- Your meals at Kathmandu, except welcome dinner, farewell dinner and breakfast
- Entire cost of beverages, mineral water and beer etc. while on trek
- Travel insurance (Must includes Helicopter evacuation and Trip Cancellation charges
- Tipping to the guide and porter
- Any thing not included in trip includes list are your personal expenses
Please contact us for more details.
It is very important to have right seasonal Clothing & Equipments for the safe and enjoyable trek in Nepal. Here below, we have listed the required equipments for traveling to Nepal and its Himalayas. Please remember that you should always try to keep the weight of your equipment to a minimum.
T- Shirt and Down Jacket
Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F - Advanced Adventure provide this
Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
Small pad or combination lock-to-lock for trek bag- Advanced Adventure provide Trekking Duffle Bag.
Basic First Aid Kit (see Health and Medicinal)
Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
Thermarest sleeping pad
Water bottles (2)
Small wash towel
It was an incredible journey ! My partner and I had the best time .I would recommend Advanced Adventures all the way, Mr Chet Bhatta was awesome in everything , he was onto our Emails within minutes each time we had a question before hand , incredibly helpful and made everything easy . Our guide […]
Chet prasad bhatta is an excellent boss .he is marvelous in the advanced adventure trip .I needed in april 2015 just before the earthquake a rescue of helicopter as I felt bad with altitude and he imediately rescue me at 4000 m.you must choose this grateful company in himalaia .the guides and sherpas are very […]
Chet was our lead contact during our everest base camp trek, and he couldn’t have made it easier, nor could he have made us more comfortable. He helped us organize the entire trek, and set us up with an amazing guide, Lok, and 2 great porters. The entire experience from booking, to transportation, to trekking, […]
We went with Advance Adventures as recommended by a friend and are absolutely happy with the level of service provided by Chet and his team. The trip was very organised, throughout the trek Prem our guide, was caring for our needs, attentive and constantly ensuring we were getting the best experience possible. Could not have […]
This was my first time to Nepal, and I found the people their to be so friendly. Wherever I was they were always helpful. My Everest Base Camp and Island Peak Climb was not only a success but a great adventure. Advanced Adventures had knowledgeable guides that answered all my questions. Learning the culture and […]